Managing your home and the neighbourhood
When you become a tenant you have signed a tenancy agreement that outlines your rights and obligations. You have a copy of the tenancy agreement, which was explained to you when you signed up. You were also provided with a Tenant’s Handbook which covered how we engage with you as a tenant and what happens when problems arise. This is downloadable from here.
We maintain the property to a standard but we do need you to know your responsibilities:-
- You must occupy the property and ensure that it is adequately heated and ventilated.
- You have a responsibility not to cause nuisance or annoyance to other residents and to maintain any common areas in conjunction with your neighbours such as stair cleaning (unless this is part of your service charges) and the bin shelters.
- You must contact the Council to have bulk items removed. http://www.west-dunbarton.gov.uk/rubbish-and-recycling/special-bulky-uplifts/
- We (DPHA) will carry out common ground maintenance of the grassed and shrub areas as well as most front gardens.
- We will maintain lanes, open space and common car parks.
- We also encourage residents to assist in the maintenance of the area by suggesting improvements and projects.