Dalmuir Park Housing Association Dalmuir Park Housing Association

Mortgage to Rent Scheme

The Mortgage to Rent Scheme is a government scheme that may be able to help you if you are an owner occupier in mortgage difficulties and you are in danger of having your home repossessed.  The Scottish Government can arrange for Dalmuir Park Housing Association, as a social landlord, to buy your home and for you to continue to live there as a tenant paying a social rent.

You can obtain an application form from Scottish Government at:

Or e-mail: mortgagetorent@scot.gov.uk

Or call the HELPLINE 0845 279 9999

Or write to:
The Scottish Government
Housing Investment Division
Highlander House
G2 7DA

You must get independent advice before you apply and this can be obtained from various sources including:

  • West Dunbartonshire Citizens Advice Bureau
    Clydebank Extension
    34 Alexander Street, Clydebank G81 1RZ
    Tel: 0141 435 7590
    Fax: 0141 435 7591
  • Money Advice Scotland
    Money Advice Scotland will give you the nearest contact name and telephone number of a Money Advice outlet.
    Tel: 0141 572 0237
    Web: www.moneyadvicescotland.org.uk
  • Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS)
    CCCS offers a structured programme on how to manage your money and can offer a structured repayment plan to creditors.
    Tel: 0800 138 1111 (freephone)
    Web: www.cccs.co.uk

These sources will be able to tell you what your options are and discuss them with you. It may not be necessary for you to sell your home in order to continue living there. For example, if you are in mortgage difficulties because of other debts, it may be possible for those other debts to be restructured and for you to get back on track with your mortgage payments.